David Foulk - Tunisia



We present a selection of photos from young photographer David Foulk's recent visit to Tunisia.

Here, David explains his collection in his own words.
The photographs seen here are part of 40 currently on display at Repton Art School, and were taken as part of a school project during the Christmas holidays 2002-03.

I went around Tunisia for three days with Hamzaui Samir from Sousse's 'Sydicate Initative'.
Samir has been a friend of the family since 1997.

I also undertook a number of day trips with my step father. Places visited included, Douze, Kepili and Matmata, but I was unable to get down to the deep south of the country on this occasion.

My work has been influenced by that of Freya Stark and William Henry Fox Talbot, and I use a Canon EOS300 with a 28 - 80 mm lens for most of my work.

I also occasionally use a 300mm zoom. The photos were shot using Ilford Delta film ASA 100, and for some more dramatic shots (not shown here) I used a red filter.

No comments: